In my book, Pinteresting: Pinterest Strategies for Brands and Bloggers (affiliate link), I describe how I created an email campaign to grow the subscribers of my website at MeetPenny.com.
Essentially, I created a graphic, pinned it, and linked it to my feed so that when someone clicked, they would be taken straight to the RSS where they could preview a few posts and subscribe. Imagine my surprise when that image was repinned 139 times and continues to be repinned today.
Pinteresting Email Subscription Campaign
1. Create a branded image to represent your email campaign.
- A long, vertical image works best.
- Describe the most appealing features of your website or email service.
- Include your logo on the image.
2. Upload your image to your Pinterest account and add an enticing comment about your product or services.
3. Click to edit the pin and add the URL for your splash page (featuring your email opt-in) or directly to your feed where they can subscribe.
4. Pin or repin the image to any boards that relate to your website.
This type of campaign works best when you have a significant number of followers or have a network of friends who are willing to help by following these steps with you.